Why StumbleUpon is better than Digg to build your Blog Traffic
I got the feeling that StumbleUpon users are better than Digg users. Do you know why? They stay longer at your page and browse more pages.
Then I read three good blog posts on this topic Stumbleupon vs Digg – Voyeurs vs Sheep by Venture Skills, My StumbleUpon vs Digg Experience by Cucirca and then finally StumbleUpon Defined vs. Digg, Google, MySpace and More by SE journal.
I think StumbleUpon (SU) has a better model of user interaction that suits every user – you will be presented a web page on your browser – then you either rate with “I like it” or “I dont like it”. Very simple – users just have to stumble to the next site. Perfect for a lazy web browsers.
so, with SU – people see a story and evaluate.
When it comes to Digg – you will be presented with a link – with a Catchy title , then a small description, and user has to click on it to go to the web page. Big job for the lazy users.
with Digg, majority of the people see ‘who the Digger is’ and ‘digg it’ even without visiting the story page.
Now, I observed my blog stats over the last few months – how the digg and stumbleupon users behaved at my sites.
StumbleUpon (SU) is better, why is that?
1) Digg users always visit a page and then leave immediately. They do not subscribe to feeds, do not bother to see other blog posts. You may experience spikes in your visitor graph, but there will be no regular increase in traffic flow. Readers of SU have subscribed more times and stayed for longer times, read more stories in my websites.
2) For the newbies, Digg is hard to play. You may submit an article which might be stunning good – but don’t surprised if doesn’t get past 10 diggs. SU is very easy – a good post will guarantee a regular flow of visitors – year long – no catch involved.
3) Blog posts from blogspot.com, wordpress.com – do not generally make it to the Digg’s frontpage. Not only this, only the top digger’s stories (who have more friends) make it to the front page. SU readers don’t bother where the story is coming from, they look if the content is good – if it is, then they ‘give thumbs up’.
4) Sometimes, stupid stories make it to the Digg’s frontpage. But, with SU, the users do not simply put a vote for the sake of it (how stupid that would be?). If the readers dont like a page, they either say ‘ i dislike it’ or stumble next without saying anything.
5) Your server will not get choked up by SU users. Digg will do a considerable damage to your server (page not found), and your bandwidth – with not adding any regular traffic. SU is very smooth – as the day progresses, you will get a natural increase in the traffic – no sudden Digg spikes will occur.
6) People love surprises – what may come next. SU is highly addictive and very fast – SU users react very quick. With Digg, you see plenty of stories and choose one among them. In which format, do you think you will perform better? I will go with SU – where my post is judged individually as either ‘good’ or ‘bad’ rather with a group of 20 upcoming stories in Digg.
If a blog post is good, SU users bookmark your blog as well (they go back to the root URL) and stumble it as well. SU readers have subscribed to my RSS many a times as I had previously mentioned. How many times that has happened with Digg users?
If you are interested in online learning then from different blogs and online articles you will come across different online websites which are offering online courses. Like mcdba Microsoft certified data base administrator will help you to enhance your data base skill. If you have any experience in internetwork then it is very easy for you to clear 640-863 online course. Cisco also provides many other courses online and another one is Voice over IP 642-432 course. This course will help you to give VOIP services to your clients in better way. One can also do online itil certification at very reasonable rates. The Microsoft certified systems administrator (mcsa course) certification will help you to make your career by ensuring that you have the skill to efficiently manage the Microsoft Windows OS. Microsoft offer different types of course related to Microsoft Windows Server 2003 like with the help of 70-293 courses you will be able to planning and maintaining a Microsoft windows server or with the help of 70-271 courses you can able to support end-users and troubleshooting a MS Windows OS. So there are many options that you can opt for but it is best to read blogs and reviews before going for any of these courses.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.