6 Tips for exercising regularly
Before you start an exercise program, spend some time in defining why you need to start this exercise program. Always start with a goal; think about what you wish to achieve – a reduced weight, smaller waistline or some measurable goal. Having such a goal will compel you to stick to the exercise schedule to achieve the desired result. Once you visualise the result that you would like to achieve, develop a plan of exercising. Here are few tips to stick to your exercising plan and schedule.
1. Find like-minded friends – have a bet with a friend of yours and start exercising together. It could be a simple thing such as walking, jogging or swimming, but do it together. Each should encourage other so you stick to the exercising schedule without fail.
2. Start small – if you plan to start doing big exercises, you might not like it. You will probably stop your exercising program after few days. Instead, start doing a small activity, an enjoyable activity regularly.
3. Fall into a routine – stick a routine, choose a comfortable time of your day and stick to it. Can’t you allot a small window every day, for your own sake? Come what may, stop what you are doing and stick to a routine of exercising.
4. Measure progress – After a certain period, measure if you have lost weight or reduced your waistline. Don’t feel dejected if you don’t achieve. The measurements will keep you focused on the exercise routine and will push you towards your desired goal.
5. Enjoy – if you think exercising is a hard task, you will more likely to feel it as a burden. Instead, enjoy the process of exercising. Listen to your favourite songs or a good talk while you do your walking.
6. Reward yourself – have small sub-goals towards your desired result. Reduce your weight by 1 Kg by 2 weeks. If you do it, reward yourself with a small gift (no junk food please). Such rewards will make you more comfortable with harder goals. You can expand your goals to achieve far better results.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.