How to find a good friend: 10 qualities you should check
Your friends will make or break your future. If you are in the company of eagles, you will soar high and if not, you will be among the rest. This is why it is very important to choose your friends wisely. You can be good with everyone but you can choose with whom you would want to get close with. I have a very small circle of close friends whom I trust and I cherish their friendships. We share our experiences, happiness together and encourage each other to grow. So, how do you find if a person will be a good friend or not?
Here’s a Checklist.
1. Can you trust the person? If the person is nice to talk to but spills your secrets and teases you when you are not present, just forget that person.
2. Does the person has some good values? Check for values such as honesty, respectful, sincere and caring
3. Does the person really feel happy for your successes? Does the person feels jealousy or negative when you succeed?
4. Does the person has a good respect (being courteous) for other people? Check how they behave towards a waiter or shop assistant.
5. Does the person has a positive outlook for life? I wouldn’t want to hang around with a person who is a dooms-day-messenger.
6. Does the person is cheerful? Come any situation, can the person remain cheerful, accept the situations as it is and move on?
7. Does the person is really interested in you? When you make a mistake, is the person stopping you or warning you?
8. Does the person get along with different kinds of people easily?
9. Does the person point out your mistakes when you are alone (not in front of a group) in an interest to develop you?
10. Does the person give you enough space for yourself? I wouldn’t want to be a friend of someone who always pesters me with my own life and blackmails me emotionally all the time.
I think the checklist will apply for choosing a life partner as well. Because, how can you share your lifetime with someone who is not a friend of yours?
Oops.. almost forgot to wish you. Have a great new year ahead!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.